• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just a quiet Sunday drive

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Reaction score
My wife and I were headed to church in the DMax. We travel about 30 miles to the town where our congregation meets, mostly highway.

I exited the northbound highway to head west, and found myself lined up at the stop light with some kind of foreign sports sedan that was in the right lane. The right lane merges into the left about 1/8 of a mile beyond the light.

I was watching the sedan when the light changed, and the driver got into it hard in an attempt to speed up and get in front of me and the other cars behind me.

I muttered "oh no, you don't" under my breath and rolled into the throttle when the light changed. I did not have time to hit 4x4 or build boost first, as I expected the car to merge in behind me.

When the coal started rolling you could tell that the other driver floored his pedal in a last ditch effort to jump out front and cut me off. I mashed the throttle in response, and my rear tires started squealing and smoking and the back of the truck started sliding sideways before I backed off a little and shot out 'way in front.

My wife gave me "the look" and commented on my driving, and to church no less.

I then pondered: WWJD?

What Would Jesus Drive? A Diesel, of course. ):h

nice kill Bud...

I hardly ever run into those scenarios...

rumors may have got around that some truck while towing a huge cargo trailer was tearing up imports...:D

I have damaged more product than I care to remember :eek:

Back