• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

John Deere LX173 Not Throwing Grass Like It Used To

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Over the Years, I've Noticed my Deere isn't Throwing Grass Out the Mower Deck Chute like it used to. It just kinda Fluffs out now, and is real Clumpy. Then when I come back around and go Through the Next Cut, it leaves Patches of Uncut Grass because of all the Clumps.

Everything Runs & Works Perfect, Plenty of Power (doesn't Bog at all), Brand New Blades, ect...

One thing that has NEVER been Changed on it are the Belts on the Mower Deck, but they aren't Frayed, don't have Excess Slack, and all Appear to be in Good / Working Condition.

Any Ideas at what to Start Looking at?

Same style of blade? That is all I can think of that would make a difference if they are new.

Have the blades sharpened and balanced, not with a bench grinder. New blades are generally dull and rarely are they in balance. Make sure the deck is clean with no bent pieces underneath. Are the belts glazed sounds like they my be slipping.

Yep, same Style of Blade, were Identical to the ones I took Off. Did them 1 at a Time, so I got them in the right Position and Pitch.

I'll Check the Belts for Glazing, I just Looked at them from the Side with the Deck all the way Down, but I'll take a Closer Look.

Might check for scabby rust collecting grass on the deck under surface, reducing air flow and space..

Belts can glaze too as mentioned.

Back