• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Iron Bull Bumpers

bighawg

Proud Rider of the Short Bus
Reaction score
Bill I was checkin out your website, great lookin' stuff. I have a 12000# ramsey winch, can I use this winch in one of your winch bumpers?

for a non lifted truck...do they have more or less ground clearance...and how much front end sag should someone expect from the added weight...

I have an 01' could I put an 03' up grill on and use this? not sure if/what I would need to do this ...other than the grill obviously....

Last edited:
also bill, do i could see, but do you all have any bumbers to fit a 97' full size z71 rear bumper?

sorry...i've been out and about...I have no clue what the frame in the 99-02 looks like so I can't tell you if it will work pep and matt, I am designing those bumpers right now...

However pep, Its your call if you want to do it and modify the mounts and/or frame to work..I'll send the mounts raw and you can coat them when you are done....I did it for one guy and never heard how much work it was

sorry...i've been out and about...I have no clue what the frame in the 99-02 looks like so I can't tell you if it will work pep and matt, I am designing those bumpers right now...

However pep, Its your call if you want to do it and modify the mounts and/or frame to work..I'll send the mounts raw and you can coat them when you are done....I did it for one guy and never heard how much work it was

TJ (the killing road) said i should just put on a 03 1500grill ...I don't know about that...

I really want the 03-06 HD grill...do you know if just putting a 03-06 hd GMC iron bull will just mount right up...and all I would have to do would be to change the grill?

ask some of your fab guys/designers what they think... and what about clearance and front end sag ???'s I asked...

TJ (the killing road) said i should just put on a 03 1500grill ...I don't know about that...

I really want the 03-06 HD grill...do you know if just putting a 03-06 hd GMC iron bull will just mount right up...and all I would have to do would be to change the grill?

ask some of your fab guys/designers what they think... and what about clearance and front end sag ???'s I asked...

Call me crazy, didn't the 01-02s have a differnt hood than the 03-06s? The 01-02s had a rounded downturn to the grille while the 03-06s is more of a 45 degree angle.

Thanks bill!! keep me updated on the rear bumpers! oh, and if ya need a test truck, i here!!

I know the frame horns changes on the 99-02 chevy to the 03-07 chevy...the mounts and the bumper had to be changed drastically....

but like I stated, I know that my mounts can be modified as its been done in the pasts especially on the fords when people with the 99-04 do the 05-07 conversion....

as for the droop of the front end...the bumper without a grille guard is about 160-180 lbs before winch...There is less than 1/4 sag from the weight of the bumper with winch and lights... so you should have no issues

PM for a price quote Pep if you are interested

Sounds good...let me know...mods get a "special price" lol $500 over retail...lol just kidding pep...I made Steve a good deal...I'll do the same for you

Call me crazy, didn't the 01-02s have a differnt hood than the 03-06s? The 01-02s had a rounded downturn to the grille while the 03-06s is more of a 45 degree angle.

same hood and fenders...just a differrent bumper and grill and that in between spacer... not sure if the frame horns dunes speaks of being changed apply to the HD's...I hear conflicting reports :crazy:

For the record, I said that the 99-02 chubby had different frame horns...I said I didn't know about the jimmy...the mounts may work, they may need a little massaging, they may need to be reworked all together...I have no clue...

I do however have a guy here locally that is dead set on my bumpers with a 2000 GMC 3500....When I actually have a week to mess with it, I will get it done once and for all

2000 3500 is old "classic" body style...

2001 started the new HD frames and body style for Chevy's and GMC's... 99 on the 1500 trucks

You can put a 99-02 1500 grille in a 01-02 HD so it doesn't drop down and you can have a strait top on your bumper. I've seen that before. As far as an 03 grille in an 01 it won't happen if you have a Chevy. GMC maybe. I'd have to look at mine.

Edit,I see you have a GMC si it may work. I had to get a new grille for my GMC and it was like $225.

Designing isn't an over nite thing Matt...Design stage usually takes about 2 months of us drawing and brain storming...then we mock it up on the truck which takes about 2 weeks, and then we have to program the design into the computer to cut it and then we have to make sure its perfect and then make a real one and test fit it...and so on and so forth....I wish it was an overnite ordeal, I'd have bumpers for anything that moved.....lol I'll keep you informed though

Back