• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intercooler up front?

mfgguru

Makin' it better!
Reaction score
Well, I have been going over this in my head and with my measuring tape, and I think if I move my rad about 1.5 to 2 inches closer to the engine and give my oil cooler half a turn, think I can get a cooler up in front. May have to relocate the passenger side battery like Chicago did (sweet mod) and make some room. With our winters and all the snow we get, the hanging ATA cooler would never last, although I may be forced that way in the end. What I need to know is: can I do this and still have the cooling capacity through the rad? Is there somthing about the 6.5 that would make this a bad idea? Your input is definitely welcome, or if you can link me to threads that will clarify any issues other than fitment.
:Chevy_anim:Thanks,
Mike

I've only seen it done once and that was on a truck with no AC so no AC condensor which gave enough room to squeeze the IC core infront of the rad. Very nice install. There are pics of it over on the other site.

Dave

Back