• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

injector balance rates

richard cheese

the MAIN muff hugga
Reaction score
WanaDmxSub pm'd me and told me how to check the injector balance rates...

i had a 2......a a couple 3's , a couple 4's , a couple .8's and a 1

are those bad enough to start looking at replacement??

not really. you need to check the return rates and pressure to be definate. especially under warranty. gm is real stickler on the paper work for these.

that in park or drive....???

park, the 4's are pushin it. drive, everything would be fine then. like stacks said, dealer will wanna go beyond that to ensure that injectors are failing.

I would agree the the 4's are pushing it, but you would still have to check them drive too and the return rates, but if you have white smoke at idle...more and likely you have a injector failure.

Ok guys i would like to check my rates but dont know how. I have a bully dog PMT, intake and exhaust and im afraid that the stealer will void my warranty. Any ideas

Ok guys i would like to check my rates but dont know how. I have a bully dog PMT, intake and exhaust and im afraid that the stealer will void my warranty. Any ideas

pull the bully dog out. i've been to the dealer several times with mine and they dont say anything about the mods. just make sure it isn't a "power up" device so they wont give you grief about it. they most likely will charge you a ~$90 fee to check br though.....

Don't let the dealer charge you for more than 30mins of time, $40-$50.
Or
Let us know about where you are and maybe someone close will do it for you?

is there any other way of checking balance rates because i have the pmt with the a-pillar mount so its not that easy to just take it out.

if you know someone with efilive, ppe, or a tech 2.... they can check it for you.

my truck had some blue smoke idleing this afternoon, and it wasn't a very smooth idle, very rough. i think i'm gonna have to take it in, damn injectors...

Back