• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injector balance rate

I don't remember but they were close to what I saw. I will write them down and post them when I remember, in the am I hope. I believe they were pretty close with 1 or 2 in the + side.

Is there anything that would make me say wtf when I do look.

I don't remember but they were close to what I saw. I will write them down and post them when I remember, in the am I hope. I believe they were pretty close with 1 or 2 in the + side.

Is there anything that would make me say wtf when I do look.

Mike, I believe there is a range they should fall betwween.

What are you using to see them?

This is what I have.
1 .3
2 -1.6
3 1.3
4 -.4
5 .9
6 .2
7 -.8
8 .8

These were in park after being in drive. Engine warm. There seems to be a lot of variace in them. They change as I am reading them. I might go out in a few and get more.

That's good. Can someone explain what they mean? Is there something to look for to see if an injector is going bad?

the balance rates are the minute adjustments that the ecm makes at idle to give you a better quality idle. it was done for customer quality, and emissions. the numbers are either plus or minus meaning it is either taking or adding fuel. it bases its rates on the crankshaft position sensor and its fluctuations.

the numbers are +/- 4 in park/neutral. +/-6 in drive. these are warm engine numbers. if you close you may notice it, but the nums you posted are very good.

Back