• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injector accel pump arm came off-still ok?

turbovanman

I has boost, :O)
Reaction score
Ok, just over a year ago, the accel pedal had a sticky spot, had to force it past a certain point then it was all good, power was ok but it intermittantly lost power, I just learned to live with it, then one day, I hit the gas and the engine starting knocking, rattling and black smoke, WTF????????? drove back to the shop and saw fuel pouring out of the back of the motor, took off the dog house and yep, so I said f*ck it and parked it. Fast forward to today, took it all apart to put new injectors and a new/used pump in and saw the accel arm had come off, the plunger pin was in the valley soooooooooooooooo, if I put this back together, will it be ok or is it fubared and just put my new pump in and quit messing around?

FYI, I got the right bank injectors done, not too bad, the left side is going to be a royal PITA, :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

ON a 6.2 ? INjector IMO are easy. As far as the IP, I'd put the new one on. That must have come apart for a reason. I'd have any used uncertain IP benchtested before install. Usually only 20-30 $ to have bnech test and then you know it's good.

That little arm on the side of the IP is the advance arm.

This will likely be ok if you replace the pivot pin and it will work ok and move as its supposed to. If the piston that the arm pushes is stuck then remedial action will be needed..

Good luck and keep us posted.

ON a 6.2 ? INjector IMO are easy.. I'd have any used uncertain IP benchtested before install. Usually only 20-30 $ to have bnech test and then you know it's good.

Your kidding right? have you seen what I own, its a VAN, :mad2:

I have maybe an inch on the left bank for room, I am dreading today. :(

Good idea, the local guy says he can test it but knowing him, he'll say its junk, lol. It looks fairly new, its a military 6.5 pump, "DB2831-5209 12555697 1995-97 HD (Military) - N/A, 1.2 cSt * — —"

Just need to figure out what "1.2 cSt" means?

The 5209 number is all you need...

Don't ya know, you do the hard side first, then save the cake work for last when you're already done and frustrated.

I know what you're working on, I've done some work on an 83 G20 6.2L. I'm thinking of actually buying one, this one's gotta popper top.

The 5209 number is all you need...

Don't ya know, you do the hard side first, then save the cake work for last when you're already done and frustrated.

I know what you're working on, I've done some work on an 83 G20 6.2L. I'm thinking of actually buying one, this one's gotta popper top.

Not sure what you mean about the number, I understand the pump I have, just don't know what the 1.2 means.

I like to do the easy side first, then I think I've got something done, ):h

Sorry, Didn't realize it was a van, and yes I do kknow, see my photo album. I had one I feel for you.

No worries, :thumbsup:

Well, got 6 done today, then I gave up. I have the left fronts to do, sigh.

Hopefully my IP checks out, get it back tomorrow. Found out what cSt means, it has hardened pump gears and housing to run kerosene and other low lubricity fuels, ):h

Got the other 2 done, not that bad, got them from underneath, :thumbsup:

Now just need my injection pump back and I hopefully will have a nice running van. Just hope the IP isn't too rich, :mad2:

I'm such a damn fool for selling my Van. How many hightop full luxury conversion vans with NO RUST garage kept since new by two elderly retired people do you find ?? And I sold it. What a dope.

Back