• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

In need of connector kit and tools for Weatherpack. suggestions?

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am in need of a weatherpack kit with tools so I can work on my own connectors and replace them if the need arises.

Does anyone have any recommendations on kits?

Also, what all different connectors are used on these trucks, both GMT400 and GMT800?

What is the difference between weatherpack and metri-pack?

Is there any Deutch connectors on the GMT800s?

Any info appreciated, thanks!

Leroy, just kind of a random assortment to have on hand for various harness repairs. I need to find out what the speed sensor is on the 01 Duramax, as the wires are cut right at the connector, so rather than stripping and splicing a pigtail I was thinking of installing a new connector instead.

When you make yours do you use the all in one crimper that also crimps the seal in place, or do you do it individually? I see GM had a Kent moore number for the all in one, so apparently they thought highly of it. here is the one I was wondering about buying. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pac...021420?hash=item5697fb60ec:g:QB0AAOSwpkFY7CJE

Those are like my tools. I crimp on the terminal then the seal.
On the kit I think the only thing you might use is the 2 pin connector and the depin tool.
Id probably make a trip to local JY and go crazy cutting connectors you might use then buy the pins for them, depending on what they are I may have the pins too.

Check out Lawson products. Here is one hit. they have a decent selection of other automotive stuff but hard to see all options on my phone

https://www.lawsonproducts.com/Weather-Pack/Weather-Pack-Connectors-14-AWG/27800.lp

I have never seen deutsch Stuff as factory GM components but have used it before a place I worked and it is nice. Durable but a little bulky though.

As far as I know metri-pack is slightly different and weather-Pak was more gm / Delphi proprietary.

Here is a wire crimping tool like the one in My collection. Works well for the crimping, I use a different devise fore setting the band around the wire, like a pair of regular old pliers. LOL

Back