• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hypertech Programmer for the 07-08 GM 2500 6.0L

Glad you made it Darnell. Now you can throw some pics up of your lightning since we do have a Ford section...

55 lb ft is quite a lot for a gas engine. Does your tuning disable electronic torque management or just power tune?

I thought those were supposed to have that 6.2 (?) with 380 or 405 hp? I figured they'd be rather peppy...:confused5:

You need to use HP tuners on the 6.2L.....the 403HP is only briefly at like 6k rpms's....its real power is only like 295hp......the HP tuners on the 6.2 will scrap the TQ mgmt and bump the horsepower quite a bit....it will feel like a new animal....

I do like the hypertech stuff though on most trucks...they have a great product

The Denali is one seriously confused member of the GM family. Stomp on it and it makes every noise known to man while the speedo creeps up to 60. Transmission has no idea what it's doing. The off-idle response is non existant. The truck falls flat on it's face and takes forever to recover. Almost to the point where it's dangerous. Dealer says GM is "working" on it.

FWIW, I raced my LBZ with a relative's 08 Denali and I slapped him silly. Wasn't even close.

Maybe EFI Live is in the not too distant future...

from what I have seen all tuning increase power and milage on the 6.0. The OBS trucks seem a little better in the milage dept though. Haven't really figured out why. The only thing I have come up with is due to the massive size of the front end on the NBS trucks has hindered milage

I have a hypertech on my 98 5.7L Tahoe, and that really woke it up. I have a feeling that the 6.0 will not be the base option on the HD series when the 4.5L D-max comes out, i think the 6.0 will be a hard to get option after that, as the 4.5L may be the base.

Back