• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How To Remove your Allison

durallymax

Reaction score
Well its finally done. Just finished it up here in the last hour, adding the pictures was a pain. I left the file In word document format and also found out the file was too large to attach it in a thread, so I hosted it at some random site and the link is below where you can download it.

I wrote it based off of my knowledge of removing the tranny on my 03 4x4. So 6spds and 2wds will differ.

Im sure there are parts of it that arent quite right or need a little fine tuning and corrections, so just let me know.

If you have any other questions post them up or PM me and ill see if I can help.

Also thanks to the guys who helped me through my build, Mike L., Brayden, Merchant, and even Trippin.

Here is a better PDF Version:

http://dieselhaulin.com/diy/Allison%20Removal%20Writeup.pdf

Last edited:
link isn't working. But this is great Vinny, thanks for this and more members hopefully will be able to do some diy stuff too. I plan to do my own shock replacements, it will be my white fabtechs for the bilstein 5125s.

new link is in the original post guys. Its at a much better site that converts the file into a lot of different formats, so hopefully you all can view it.

If there are any other issues let me know

Duplicate of PM:

Was wondering, did you make a smaller version pdf of the allison removal guide? Looks very nice, but 40 meg makes for trouble trying to print.

I use primopdf and will compress the graphics nicely, freeware.

And again, very nice effort.

Thanks

Duplicate of PM:

Was wondering, did you make a smaller version pdf of the allison removal guide? Looks very nice, but 40 meg makes for trouble trying to print.

I use primopdf and will compress the graphics nicely, freeware.

And again, very nice effort.

Thanks
I just clicked the reduce file size in Acrobat and it made it 1.24mb. I was going to upload it but the max file is 97.7kb here.

Back