• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How To : Install 2001+ Dually Clearance Light

88gmctruck

02GMCtruck
Reaction score
The 2001+ Dually clearance light is both cosmetically and functionally great. It's a slim 1-piece design that uses LEDs for light. The GM part number is 15744722.

Here is what My truck started as.....
135400.jpg

Yuk. They stick out like a sore thumb, and the bulbs are offset. Get rid of those and grab the new light.
135402.jpg

Here is the factory plug. Unless yours is a 2001+ truck, you will probably have to cut it off.
135403.jpg

Get some wire and spice it in. Figure out how high the lights can be with the tailgate up and down. And extra hand holding the lights helps alot. Mark the holes you will need to drill. You'll need 3 holes, 1 large oval one for the wires, and 2 smaller ones at the end for screws. There were 2 plastic clips that I cut off, so I didn't have to drill 2 more holes.
135404.jpg

135405.jpg

Get the Light mounted and re-check the clearance. Mine turned out great, 1/8"!
135406.jpg

135407.jpg

Once that is done, wire it up. The blue is power, black is ground. I spliced mine into the license plate lights (brown - power, black - ground).
135408.jpg

Turn your lights on and enjoy!
135409.jpg

135410.jpg

Look at how well it blends into my truck!
135411.jpg

Back