• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

horn volume

mattydmax

Recruit
Reaction score
I have added power door locks to my truck and I used the + parking light flash circuit to activate the horn so I can hear if the doors are locked instead of having to see the lights flash. The problem is this circuit really lays on the horn. Is there any way to slow the duration of the beeps in order to soften it a bit. Capacitor or resistor? All i have is a + output from the brain to the horn.

thing a bout a time delay relay is you would have to find one that is programmable so you could set it up for after trigger what/how many cycles per minute to use. Not to mention the cost which I've seen upwards past 100 bucks. There are some electronic timers as well but it is hard to find the voltage requirement for 12 DC

I think I found some diagrams for a capacitor followed up by a resisitor. They are only a few dollars each but I need to figure out how to wire it so when the regular horn is used it still has full voltage.

Back