• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

honda rancher wont crank

farmer0_1

stuck in the past
Reaction score
just like she says my brother bought a honda atv rancher three years ago and it won't crank for him . this thing is 200 miles away and he is no mech . anyway says battery is clean and charged up and has never had an issue with it . says he hears a solinoid behind the batter clicking alot. anyway don't have much to go on. it has the electric shift. told him i would lone him his old three wheeler i bought off him as it runs and runs . he told me where i could ride it nicely. told him its most likely a safety switch issue just got to go looking with a test lite.

Have him run the gears and then try it again.. There was a recall on the 02 and 03 ranchers for this issue. My wifes would do it every so offten. I could clear it by shifting up and down, took it in and had the recall done, been great since.

Can he start it with the pull cord?
The obvious stuff is good right? key on, bike in nuetral, kill switch on handle bar in the middle (or "on") position? I'd pop that little piece of plastic on the side off and try and pull start it with the pull cord.

i had him tap the starter with a wrench couple times he said it starts right up now. thanks for all the info i will keep it in mind the next time it won't start because you know it will leave you stranded when a tap tap gets you going. we will see if we can get his starter pulled off and looked at.

Back