• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hight temps, window switches, motors or wiring ?

MrMarty51

Reaction score
Why would it be that when the ambient temps gets about 80 degrees or above the windows on My truck fails to function. The drivers side front window completely fails, the right rear window will function as long as one of the other switches is pressed and functioning a different window. Left rear window and right front window seems to function just fine. Anyone have any experience in such matters ?

I was thinking maybe a wire that is broke and the higher temps cause it to bend slightly and break the connection. That or a switch that freaks out when it gets too warm. LOL If I run the A/C for a short time and cool down the cab just a little, then all switches and motors function as they should. :banghead:

Why would it be that when the ambient temps gets about 80 degrees or above the windows on My truck fails to function. The drivers side front window completely fails, the right rear window will function as long as one of the other switches is pressed and functioning a different window. Left rear window and right front window seems to function just fine. Anyone have any experience in such matters ?
I've ran across this problem many times over the years and still having the same problem with my wife's SUV.ive always attributed it to low humidity between the contacts on some of the older models. Hope that helps.

Back