• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Highest EGTs

DmaxHawk

YOU BOYS LIKE MEX-I-CO?!?!
Reaction score
For those of you who have pyros, what has been the highest EGTs you have seen?

My gauge goes from 0-1600. I've had it there one day going up hill towing my 5er. My buddy wanted to go past me and I decided no. :D

Regular driving though, on the highway it's around 800 it seems. Towing my 5er I will see 1000 on hills and the odd 1300.

About 1680 on a nice hot Summer day while going WOT.

Haven't taken a look at it recently, I think I've gotten it down into the 1400's MAX with all my Mods.

Average driving with the occasional romp on the go pedal I'm about 800* with the WOT bits seeing around 1300-1400*. Highest I've ever been?? No idea, when I had the Predator at 120hp, it would go right past 1600 in about 4 seconds flat.

whats the highest egt the lb7 can take before the turbo fins start melting? i have heard 1260 or thereabouts is hot enough to straighten out the cups at the end of the aluminum fins

whats the highest egt the lb7 can take before the turbo fins start melting? i have heard 1260 or thereabouts is hot enough to straighten out the cups at the end of the aluminum fins
I've seen higher than that, like in my previous post. But not for a very long time. Nothing has been damaged yet.

I heard the factory limit was 1450 but i dont know if its for an LB7, LLY or LBZ

Alittle over 1200 towing my camper up hill in summer time. I installed a 4" turbo back exhaust and my temps. dropped over 100 deg. easy. A good investment.

Back