• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High Idle switch problem

Schwind

split loyalties
Reaction score
I put a high idle switch in my truck today as per Kennedy’s instruction for the 94-95. It doesn’t change my idle at all. I wanted the high idle to warm the truck up quicker on cold mornings. I have check the new switch and confirmed that I have power all the way to the connector I put in the A6 pin location. Does anyone have any ideas why this mod doesn’t work on my truck.

I feel like such an idiot now. I went back out and looked at the connector to the PCM again and sure enough I plugged it into the wrong location. I had it in the B side of the connector not the A side. Thank god it didn’t hurt anything. Problem solved. If there is a mod that can remove this thread it's all right by me. Hate to show my ignorance but I guess that why I'm here to improve my knowledge.

Hate to show my ignorance

Yo dude - Even I screw up occasionally :pat: Even more - if you ask my wife :rolleyes5:
Main thing is you got it done and did it yourself :th_CONGRA34:

Rock on !

Yo dude - Even I screw up occasionally :pat: Even more - if you ask my wife :rolleyes5:
Main thing is you got it done and did it yourself :th_CONGRA34:

Rock on !

Thank you RadioMan. The pat on the back sure helps :thankyou2:. I don't feel quite so stupid now:slap:. I'm just glad that it didn't screw anything else up plugging it in the wrong location :chairshot:. By the way it works great . It was taking about 15 to 20 minutes to warm up before in 40* weather and now it only took 5 minutes. :dance::dance: I hope it will work just as well once the temps get down to the sub-zeros :07:

Schwind,
Been there done that......
I have played around with the wiring around there so much my scanner won't wont talk to the ECM through the ALDL now. Just another excuse to play with the truck some more. They sure don't make those things easy to read.

Back