• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi from florida

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking rig. I really dig the 2 door diesels, not many of them were made. And nearly impossible to find any up here not rusted to pieces.

Is this your first 6.5? They can be a reliable engine if taken care of right. They're pretty particular about certain parts and came with inherent flaws so definitely consult us here in the loony bin first before buying any aftermarket upgrades. We can be good at spending other's money but at least will recommend reliable and reputable sources 🙃

Fill out your signature with vehicle year and any mods done to the engine so we can specifically diagnose any future issues/ questions.

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking rig. I really dig the 2 door diesels, not many of them were made. And nearly impossible to find any up here not rusted to pieces.

Is this your first 6.5? They can be a reliable engine if taken care of right. They're pretty particular about certain parts and came with inherent flaws so definitely consult us here in the loony bin first before buying any aftermarket upgrades. We can be good at spending other's money but at least will recommend reliable and reputable sources 🙃

Fill out your signature with vehicle year and any mods done to the engine so we can specifically diagnose any future issues/ questions.
This is my first and only 6.5. I’ve owned it for about 5 years now. It’s a 96 S vin. It’s got about 267k miles now, she’s been good to me so far. Changed the injection pump, lift pump, oil psi sensor/fuel cut off switch, have a 2006 Denali center console in it now, body has been completely redone just before I had bought it. So no rust, outside of surface rust on the frame. But I’ve done work to prevent it from getting anywhere on the body with undercoating and sprays in the frame to keep it right. She’s been bulletproofed, from the new head studs, harmonic balancer, PMD relocation, etc… cooling system is all new with duramax fans (we know they like to overheat a bit when towing). I’m in the process of getting a double din dash and redoing the front seats. They have a couple tears in the drivers seat. Otherwise this is one sexy 2 door. I keep her clean and inside for the most part. Outside of using it for going to and from work twice a month and daily drive when I’m wanting to just cruise. Which is a lot lately. I can upload some more pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_5887.jpeg
    IMG_5887.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5888.jpeg
    IMG_5888.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5527.jpeg
    IMG_5527.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5528.jpeg
    IMG_5528.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5531.jpeg
    IMG_5531.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5530.jpeg
    IMG_5530.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5529.jpeg
    IMG_5529.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5532.jpeg
    IMG_5532.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5533.jpeg
    IMG_5533.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5534.jpeg
    IMG_5534.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to the forum 96.
That is a mighty nice unit You have there. Seems You have been doing Your homework too on making it more reliable and ready for the long haul.
Nice uprated components.
Thanks! Yeah, I’ve done a lot of homework with it, I was getting irritated with some things that were just annoying me because I couldn’t figure it out. Finally getting it working again the way it should has been amazing. When I first got her, it was a challenge. A lot of YouTube videos and phone calls to friends that know these engines better than I’ll ever know. Doing the work myself has made me better at noticing the little things lately.

Back