• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help on these wires Please!

onesmokinduramax

Reaction score
i did a search and did not find anything...
Ok heres the deal. Im swaping out my 74 cab with a 86 cab and front end... The 86 had a stock motor in it with all the smog hook up stuff. When i bought it the owner pulled the motor and left me all the wires for the cab... This will be my first swap... On 74 truck i got its got a built motor in it with out all that smog junk... The issue im having a hard time with is the wiring theres been alot of hands in it(on the 74) and some one has painted the wires Why some one would do this i dont know. But on the 86 all the wires are there i can not find a wiring diagram to tell me which wire go's where. Dose any one know where i can get a good wiring diagram or has one the could send me. Any info would be great! I did go to autozone and bought the Haynes repair manual. But the wiring diagram in the book sucks! Any one with some good info would be great. Heres what i have to work with.

Thanks Mark

Attachments

• DSCF2748.jpg
    DSCF2748.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF2749.jpg
    DSCF2749.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF2750.jpg
    DSCF2750.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 8
Oh hey Mark, didn't know you were over here too. Someone with a 6.2L miiiight have a wiring diagram in an electronic format they could send you.

For the record does anyone have experience with these wiring diagrams, that is are they more complete than the junk in a chilton/haynes?

EDIT: Mark, now I know what your Duramax is...you can ignore that part of my PM @ ORC.:D

Back