• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help on pricing?

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
I'm considering on selling a 1970 John Deere H3 with a bad motor, but I have a motor that appears identical that came out of a similar year Cub Cadet. Lights don't work, but mower works great. The mower only has the clutch/brake pedal, but I do have the additional pedals for left/right braking if you can find the rest of the parts (not sure if its adaptable though).

When I say bad motor - doesn't smoke till electric clutch is engaged, then it smokes like the dickens.

If I replaced the motor, I'd probably be asking 1200-1400 obo, but without replacing, and just providing the other motor, I'd probably ask 800-1000. What do you think?

Oh, a 140 hydro. In it's day that was a fine tractor. The forerunner of the 318. I believe it had a 14 hp Kohler on it. Likely with a JD46 deck. Neighbor had one. I kinda doubt you could get much more than $500 for it without replacing the engine. Do some looking around in the internet to see what those go for. I haven't paid attention to the prices for several years.

ok, thanks! I thought I could get more than that, even with a busted engine because of the hydraulic package and it seems to be a collectible item.

Back