• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L Heath cooling system canister and hoses

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
I am not advertising this as a "fix" for cooling system issues on a 6.5. I believe that has been covered and it's been determined the water pump upgrade is a far better solution. However, the stainless steel combiner can might be useful for a different application - maybe a supplemental heading source for a different type of project? This is a portion of what used to be known as Heath's Balance Flow system.

I've had this sitting around for quite some time and really don't have a use for it. If someone could use it, how about $25 plus shipping cost? I'm open to offers
1687176605429.png

I would assume this connects to the rear block-off ports behind the intake, where does the other threaded end go? that canister look interesting, is that a simple tee or some sort of flow valve?

The threaded fitting threaded into the water neck. The canister, as far as I know is just open with one port on one end and two on the other. I've never taken the hoses off to see. It came to me as a kit and the hoses that show are clamped with CV Boot type clamps rather than typical hose clamps. The only hose clamp is the one on the threaded fitting.

The design was supposed to move coolant from the rear of the heads to the crossover up front. It was abandoned for a different setup by Heath Diesel, however, so that alone leads me to believe there is a better solution.

Back