• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Haulin wood!

Bammer

Reaction score
8 - 10 loads a year, travel about 80 miles. Don't know it's there!

010-4.jpg

005-4.jpg

Ya, not quite a cord. I put a cord at a time in my truck, having an 8' bed helps alot for measuring :D . As we speak I have a cord sitting in my truck right now, haven't had time to unload it yet. Tis the season.....

Not quite a full cord,if I am really diligent stacking itI can squeeze a full cord in. Looks top heavy but it's actually quite stable.:driving:

I've hauled many a load inside a cab high canopy. If it is split and stacked tight and all the way to the back I figure it's pretty close to a cord.

Just the other day I hauled a load that really surprised me. I put 280 6" X 12" concrete cores in the back. They were stacked tight in the canopy the first three rows back from the cab, then below bed level the rest of the way. I've got 10 ply tires. I forgot to air up before loading so I went to a nearby tire store and aired up to 75 lbs and started being concerned as the tires were still slightly squishy looking. I had to go about 15 miles to get home so I took it easy and got home with no problems.

Once home I had my daughter weigh the first three we could grab. I knew they felt heavy, but, WOW was I surprised. Each one was exactly 28.6 lbs for a total of just over 8000 lbs!! The truck, an 8 lug heavy 3/4 ton, was down on the overloads without any tail dragging. It road smooth like a caddy, but solid without any sway. I had loaded by looking at volume like when I load firewood. No more!!

Don

Back