• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

has anyone had there truck dyno'd

scoot

Recruit
Reaction score
i know the numbers that chevy claims these nbs trucks have but i was just woundering if anyone out their has had a stock lmm dynod and what numbers they put down. also if anyone has had their truck dynod with mods and what mods they have done.

I'm kinda currious about this as well. There is a place in Cary (about 15 mins from me) I believe has a dyno, and thought of heading over there with the truck stock to get some baseline numbers before doing the exhaust, intake, larger tires, etc.

yah i think that its cool to have a baseline and see what you really get from some of these mods. i never would expect much from and intake but the tuners is what i really like to see with mine they claim rwhp with the numbers so i kinda wanna see how true it is

I think Nick (NorCal Truck) dyno'd his big LMM dually shortly after he got it. I know he did at various points along the buildup, but not sure if he got a baseline set of #'s.

Not yet, but we are having a dyno day at school in May and I plan to run my Silverado in the rollers a few times. Should be interesting to see what it does.

I have no stock numbers but I had mine dyno'd recently.

346.2 RWHP
727.1 TQ

You loose a lot through the driveline and I lost even more with the CC/LB as I have a carrier bearing setup with two driveshafts. This is a daily driver and I don't want or need more HP / TQ than I have now. I just wanted to get better MPG's and get rid of the DPF mainly. More pictures and mods can be seen on thedieselplace under Sgt Badger.

I have no stock numbers but I had mine dyno'd recently.

346.2 RWHP
727.1 TQ

You loose a lot through the driveline and I lost even more with the CC/LB as I have a carrier bearing setup with two driveshafts. This is a daily driver and I don't want or need more HP / TQ than I have now. I just wanted to get better MPG's and get rid of the DPF mainly. More pictures and mods can be seen on thedieselplace under Sgt Badger.

For a daily driver, those are some pretty solid numbers. Nice job.

I am running a PPE, Hot Race tuner set at level 2 (90 HP). I filled out my signature and listed most of the mods.

If I had a Tech 2 I think I could have picked up a few numbers on the dyno but the 6-speed Ally wanted to shift during the roll up, and we to use the tap shift to hold her in fourth gear which is closest to 1:1.

My goal for this truck was to mod it for longevity and MPG. I get an avg. of 19 MPG, HWY with a family of four and gear pulling on load. ( My goal is 20 mpg.) If I got rid of the BFG's and went back to radials I'm sure 20 or 21 would be possible, but I like the way she looks and am still waiting to see if MPG's creep up as the motor breaks in fully.( 9K currently)

Runs great and pulls so good I don't miss any of my old gas 2500's or 250's.

Last edited:
Sgt.Badger, I think as you get some more miles on your truck you will see your fuel mileage creep on up past 20 MPG. My truck is a LBZ but I have seen 22.8 MPG out of it on flat ground driving like its got an egg under the pedal.

I dynoed mine last june with nothing more than the banks 6 gun w/pda...on the custom level I put 396hp to the rollers...I think the tq was somewhere around 805

Back