• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

H2 rim question

Tnsejed

Reaction score
Does anybody know the exact dimensions of the H2 rims? Also is there anything different about the frontend of the H2 compared to our 3/4 tons?

Thanks!

I have a set of the H2 rims on my 06 chevy W/285-70-17 tires clear just fine. Rim size is 8.5X17,they do not stick past fender flares,and use stock lug nuts and center caps.

Yeah I needed the actual dimensions and was wondering if the part number for the H2 wheel bearing is the same.

The BS is 4.5 on the h2 rim? Thats exactly what I needed to know. If thats the case and the bearing is the same then the wheels on this truck had no effect on the bearing.

I'll make a phone call and let you guys know how I make out.

Just because someone may be wondering hub assembly went south within a matter of hours. catastrophic failure. No hum to warn that something is going bad whatsoever. First one I've ever seen that didn't hum first.

Well looks like I made out pretty good. The hub assembly part number is exactly the same.

So you or a friend had a catastrophic failure within hours of putting on a set of H2's and you wanted proof that it wasn't the wheels. I apologize if I'm a bit slow today, not feeling to well. I have the H2's on my rig and all is good, asside from the ball joints all not looking to healthy - rubber boots are all weather checked and looking ugly.

Anybody know how much I can expect to pay from an independant shop to do all upper/lower ball joints?

I have the H2s as well. They shouldnt have an effect on the hub. Theyre just an inch taller and a little wider, but the backspacing is set for our GMT800 chassis which I believe the H2 shares.

My ball joints didnt look good either. I bought new MOOG ones for $200 and the dealer charged me a little over $600 for the install plus and alignment.

My dealer is actually pretty reasonable, and their turnaround time is much better than a private shop.

It was on my truck. No, it didn't happen immediately after installation of the rims. The dealership was arguing the hub failure was due to rims.

My rims are not H2's, they are pro comps but I was hoping they would have the same backspacing as the H2's which GMClbz verified they did.

So they have the same backspacing as H2s and the Hummer H2 has the exact same part number for the hub assembly as our trucks do. So after that the dealer caved. Granted its only a $200 part and less than an hour to do but I did not want to have the truck towed all the way up the mountain to my garage. The dealer was pretty nice about it and we were laughing and joking throughout the whole thing.

Sorry for my vague posts earlier, i get pretty busy here at work and my brain gets scattered.

Thanks for the replies.

Oh yeah, the dealer did get me one though, they gave me a cobalt to drive for the day as I had nothing to haul (should have never mentioned that haha). We all had a good laugh and I drove away in a tiny car.

It was on my truck. No, it didn't happen immediately after installation of the rims. The dealership was arguing the hub failure was due to rims.

My rims are not H2's, they are pro comps but I was hoping they would have the same backspacing as the H2's which GMClbz verified they did.

So they have the same backspacing as H2s and the Hummer H2 has the exact same part number for the hub assembly as our trucks do. So after that the dealer caved. Granted its only a $200 part and less than an hour to do but I did not want to have the truck towed all the way up the mountain to my garage. The dealer was pretty nice about it and we were laughing and joking throughout the whole thing.

Sorry for my vague posts earlier, i get pretty busy here at work and my brain gets scattered.

Thanks for the replies.

Oh yeah, the dealer did get me one though, they gave me a cobalt to drive for the day as I had nothing to haul (should have never mentioned that haha). We all had a good laugh and I drove away in a tiny car.

That's how you get stuff done. Good job on getting what you deserve.

Back