• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Greetings

Welcome to the forum @darkman5001 there is lots to learn from the guys here. any particular year range or model of vehicle tuning your more focused on? I have dabbled a wee bit in the past learning on the old OBD1 systems myself. I know nothing about the more modern ODB2 systems.

I do advice you that you'll be hard pressed to get many folks to openly talk about it since the last crack-down our gobment did. it is always best to check with your local state regulations before doing any modifications about what all can and can't be done.

Welcome to the forum @darkman5001 there is lots to learn from the guys here. any particular year range or model of vehicle tuning your more focused on? I have dabbled a wee bit in the past learning on the old OBD1 systems myself. I know nothing about the more modern ODB2 systems.

I do advice you that you'll be hard pressed to get many folks to openly talk about it since the last crack-down our gobment did. it is always best to check with your local state regulations before doing any modifications about what all can and can't be done.

Thanks. I know basic things about tunes such as turning a few items on and off like electric fans on a early 2000s Chevy truck that did not come programmed for. But I want to learn tables and how calculations are made. Currently I take alot of PCMs apart and analyze under microscope to learn their secrets. I've been working with the guys over at pcmhacking.net to add Trailblazer/Envoy 4.2L to the program they designed, PCM Hammer which before only supported LS PCMs. Also try to get into internal PCM repair. I own a 2004 Chevy Suburban, a 2001 Tahoe which I did more modifications to list. Also have a 2006 Envoy, 2002 Envoy and a 2003 Lincoln LS with 3.9L I am retired US military and work as a mechanic at a family owned shop. I get alot of time to tinker.

Back