• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Grabbed a "carcode" cable off ebay...

Interesting so you are actually specifying a later model year in order to get the cylinder kill. That would perhaps explain possibly why AE say that it is not available for a 97.

Cheers
Nobby

Interesting so you are actually specifying a later model year in order to get the cylinder kill. That would perhaps explain possibly why AE say that it is not available for a 97.

Cheers
Nobby

All I can say is that's what works for my 98.

Got it off a "how to" on the DP IIRC.

I think it's here on this forum somewhere too.....

So I got curious again, what I found in my AE beginning in 1999 is a test called Cylinder Power Balance. Quick google finds that that translates to Cylinder kill. Of course like GW has described for my 97 I would have to see if it works by claiming my setup is 1999 or later. I'll give it a try 2morrow and see what it does, not that that really helps you Kenny seeing as you have carcode. Just figured it was kind of interesting as per our recent discussions.

Cheers
Nobby

yeah that would suck cause I really don't like carcode. it's very confusing and the support is non existent practically. I wish Engh would make an OBD2 program. GMTDScan is the best I have ever seen.

An OBDII thread here explained that most people select 2000 I belive to enable all the enhanced features like TDCO and timeset as well.

The low cost of carcode is attractive. AE for all the coverage I would want with GM and Ford enhanced features will cost a lot. CarCode include a lot of the enhanced features.

I wish Engh would make an OBD2 program.
Me too! I've gathered all the stuff I need for the project and have been trying to get started for the last 3-4 months or so but so far I've been unable to squeeze it into my schedule :rolleyes5:

/Stefan

Me too! I've gathered all the stuff I need for the project and have been trying to get started for the last 3-4 months or so but so far I've been unable to squeeze it into my schedule :rolleyes5:

/Stefan

Start squeezin...It will sell like hotcakes. I'll buy the first copy..:D

An OBDII thread here explained that most people select 2000 I belive to enable all the enhanced features like TDCO and timeset as well.

The low cost of carcode is attractive. AE for all the coverage I would want with GM and Ford enhanced features will cost a lot. CarCode include a lot of the enhanced features.
Yeah I'm gonna try that tonight.

Back