• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got My New Wheels & Tires On

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
24x10 American Racing Villain's TEFLON Coated with Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/35/24 Tires.

What do ya think?

DSC01176.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

I like'em alot. They dont look like 24's though. I'd run those. They look similar to their Thugs too. The Thugs were my second choice over the Mojave's.

I see you got some LED's in your DRL's...

Care to share?

I like'em alot. They dont look like 24's though. I'd run those. They look similar to their Thugs too. The Thugs were my second choice over the Mojave's.

I see you got some LED's in your DRL's...

Care to share?

Yep they are those 60 SMT White LED Bulbs I was telling you about a while ago. They are bright but still not as bright as Halogen. I just love the look and intense Color LED's give off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V-LE...018QQitemZ280269449930QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I even did my "Pin Mod" to activate both Filaments on the Bulbs, and it did make them brighter, but still not as much as Halogen.

I did the "Pin Mod" to the DRL's and the Backup Bulbs. It really does help out and make a difference. Makes the bulb perform at 35w.

Not to jack your thread but I'd like to see an explanation of that pin mod when you get the chance.

Sorry doesn't work for me with the low profile tires. Maybe if you lowered the truck it would balance it out.

too bling for me...it's the spokes and the size wheel...the spokes remind me of car wheels BMW etc...

I do however like the black teflon coating...I was looking at a set that looks similar to the pyo's with teflon...The Chamber...

3985t.jpg

Sorry!
I like the black Teflon coating as well, but I tend to feel the same as pc_renaud and Pepp. The low profile tires just don't do it for me either. Reminds me of a ghetto cruiser.

But who care what WE think as long as YOU like them. that's what's important for you. :)

What's the offset on those wheels? Did you have to crank the t-bars or have to trim anything?

Sorry!
I like the black Teflon coating as well, but I tend to feel the same as pc_renaud and Pepp. The low profile tires just don't do it for me either. Reminds me of a ghetto cruiser.

But who care what WE think as long as YOU like them. that's what's important for you. :)

What's the offset on those wheels? Did you have to crank the t-bars or have to trim anything?

The offset is either +25 or 0. It's the only Offsets they offer them in, and only in 24's too, they don't make them any smaller. I'll have to crawl under and look at the back of the Wheel and see what it says.

Wow, on your truck they look nice, but FWIW, they are to big for me. I like 20's on a Diesel, but not much more, maybe it is the farmer/off-roader in me, i like sidewall, it keeps you out of trouble, LOL. But if it makes you happy, then roll with it.

I cranked the T-Bars all the way today and it looks good now in the Front. Pretty much level now.

The Tires are XL Rated, so they still have a high "Capacity" and that is gotten form the stiff Side Walls. On a paved nice and smooth Road, these things are like riding on a Cloud. You don't feel a thing. But on a Road with some Pot Holes and Patches, it is a lil ruff, but I'm used to it from my old Trucks with Big Wheels and "Rubber Band" Tires. ;)

I really like them. I went for a Ride the other on a Road that is right on the Ocean, it always Floods at High Tide, so I wanted to test out the Teflon Coating on the Wheels with the Salt Water. So i did some puddle hopping, and when I came home, the wheels looked like they did when I took them outta the Box. Dry as a Bone and not 1 Salt Stain on them. And they aren't Waxed either.

So I HIGHLY recommend the Teflon Coated Wheels to anyone if you don't want to have to worry about cleaning your Wheels and them looking good.

Back