• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Got my new LML Dually

blizzardplowman

Crowd Control
Reaction score
Finaly after 1 wong truck its here :) Things I noticed: Its damn quiet, too quite :hihi:, Looking under an exhaust change is going to be interesting.... Time will tell.
Power in stock tirm is very smooth, about on par with my LBZ and the tow tune. The Brakes are a whole new animinal, talk about stop on a dime and give you change. The exhaust brake looks to be very well thought out, have not had any real weight behind her to test yet, but next week I need to move my boom lift on the GN so that will be a good test. The interior is very nice, quiet, most of the switchs are easy to use, I do miss the trans temp guage, I hate having to push a botton to see it. The Nav radio is very nice, I'm going to lock pick mine so I can add the camera off the fifthwheel. The factory backup cam is great, but again you can't turn it on to chek your trailer so the lock pic adds that function. Mileage seem to be down a tad from the LBZ, I'm sitting at 13 for the first 190 miles and that included a 50 mile highway run.

All in all I like the truck :)

The exhaust brake is the same function as we have been doing with efi live. It works very nice at least in my truck. As far as the rest, I am glad your happy. The brakes look awesome. I have to get out and drive on now. Good luck.

Eta, what is the lock pick on the nav?

Congrats!! I want to test drive one, but I know dad's planning on keeping the 05 for a LONG time.

:nopics:

EDIT: Did you trade both the 06 and the 01 for the LML?

Last edited:
The exhaust brake is the same function as we have been doing with efi live. It works very nice at least in my truck. As far as the rest, I am glad your happy. The brakes look awesome. I have to get out and drive on now. Good luck.

Eta, what is the lock pick on the nav?

Joe,
The Lock Pic allows you to use the nav and watch movies while moving. From what I know, you push a sequence of buttons and it sends a pulse to think the unit is standing still. I'm sure it does other stuff as well..

Correct, the lock pic, or one of 3 or 4 other units will allow you to operate the na while moving, use the backup camera whie in motion to see your hitch, or in my case let me add the camera in my fifthwheel and display it on the nav screen.

Honestly it is every bit as quiet as a gasser other then the tone is diffrent.

Nope, the 01 belongs to my son now, we just had it repainted and put a new box on it this fall. Last night we added a stack, it is by no means quiet :)h

I can't imagine it being quieter than the LBZ. I had an LB7 and the LBZ is so quiet it really doesn't sound like a diesel. I didn't realize until I got one how quiet they were.

Sorry guys, its been a tad nuts around here. I'll try to get her washed up and lokking good for some pictures soon :)

Back