• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going in for round two

durallymax

Reaction score
So the NSBU switch went bad on the 02. Right before I ook it up to the dealer I could barely make out small puffs of smoke.

The truck has idled very rough for a month or so but its gotten really bad and today I just noticed the smoke.

So I hooked up my laptop to check the balance rates.

Sure enough 4 injectors are bad,

#1:OK
#2:OK
#3:+4.11
#4:OK
#5:OK
#6:+6.76
#7:-5.25
#8:-5.69

After looking at that, I though to myself, hmmm. That must be why it shakes the truck at idle, if 3 of the four bad injectors are on one bank of the motor.

The dealer hasnt run their tests yet. But Im pretty certain that my tests were accurate. Ill find out tommorrow.

The first set was done in 2005 with 50,000 on it. Now it has 114,000.

I hope their stilll under warrenty. But It really doesnt matter to me, Its not my truck, not my bill.

feel your pain.... had mine done at 60k and now i got 114k also. truck feels like its shakes a little more at idle, losing a little power. no white smoke, no coolant or diesel in oil, but it is having some kind of problem..... :mad:

Why can't GM get a good set of injectors to put in the LB7's?

Seems if you have yours done once, it's bound to be coming twice.

Good luck Vinny.

I barely noticed the smoke, but if I looked at the tailpipe I could see little puffs.

Just talked to the dealer and they said the got the exact same numbers as me, so a new set is on backorder. Still under warrenty though.

I agree why cant they put some good injectors in.

they'd have to make a new set/style to start with. all injectors going into these rigs are reman/ new of the exact same thing they are pullin out. you'd think with the amount of $$$ lost on inj warranty they would, but who knows..... maybe they hope it will just disappear. i guesss it will by 2011.

Its one of the farms trucks.

Yes theyre under warrenty, but they wont be in for another month.

And we found out the transfer case was cracked.

Forgot to update ya.

The trucks been done for a little while. Injectors came in early and so did the new transfer case. a little over $5,000 in repairs, but the injectors were free so it ended up being 2,300 for a new transfer case.

Additives for these injectors are like bandaids.

The reason they fail is because they are exposed to extreme heat variation which in turn causes them to crack.

Now the ball seat erosion problem could probably be helped a little with an additive. But its still no going to fix an engineering/manufacturing flaw.

But... When injectors are free why waste money on additives.

We will use quite a bit of Power services additive in the winter time though in all of our equipment.

Back