• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glowplugs cycle during warmup, is this stock?

JeffsJeep04

Reaction score
You will appreciate GL4's revised Glow-Plug timing control feature. With it, Glow-Plugs are energised for a longer time before startup and are cycled on and off during the early part of the warm-up period. This feature vastly improves cold start performance and reduces exhaust emissions during the warm up.

Saw this on Heath's site today, my truck cycles the glowplugs after it's been started for a few cycles (light blinks on and off for about 30 seconds). Is it possible I've got an upgraded computer? The PO did put a turbomaster on it, so I'm wondering. I need to get some gauges so I can turn that thing up :D

his cycles a lot more than stock, at least it seems like it... I actually find it kinda annoying, all my lights dim periodically for almost a minute after starting, and IMO once the thing is running it doesn't need the GPs

10-4

I'd imagine it's harder on the alternator as well. A fast idle would probably be better for all parties involved when it comes to warming up the beast.

Back