• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

General Motors' massive parts catalog is now online for your shopping pleasure.

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score

Someone wrote about it here.

I would have picked a different engine myself. A more common engine that one could replace when it goes "BOOM!". Because I would intend on driving it. It would need a much bigger fuel tank as well...

Someone gave a damn about Cadillac. They are no longer at GM. SSDD again: Get another Cadillac badge while We at GM pry the Chevy bow-tie off this Tahoe before applying it.

Ferd did the same thing in terms of creating an online portal for customers to order direct.

Recently needed a new engine. Called Jasper and the other go-to shops for a rebuild and they were all COVID stocked (read: none in-hand and seriously back-ordered by maybe months, maybe never). Learned from one of the go-to outfits that they actually sourced their engines directly from Ferd. Hmmmm . . .

Had the shop call the local idiotship and was told: 'Engine for that truck is NLA.' With that, I dug some more and found the Ferd online portal.

Registered with Ferd's online parts portal and ordered a *NEW* (not reman / rebuilt) engine for that decades old vintage pickup which parts desk person #1 told us was NLA. Then it gets better. Day after I placed the order, parts desk person #2 calls and tells me that they are canceling the online order (which had already hit against my credit card). WTF?!?!?! Parts person #2 goes on to tell me that he verified with the Ferd mothership that the online price was correct and my order was valid, but it was the *actual* cost of the engine, and there was *NO WAY* he would sell it to me at actual cost. Read: now I have to pay an additional local stealership tax for an engine that they could not initially figure out how order for me until I did it for them. Nice. Am smelling the mafia model here, but, whatever...

After paying for the privilege of talking with parts person #2, the long block was delivered ~2 weeks later (per advertised delivery schedule). Bonuses were that delivery to the shop was part of the 'fee' and I got a 12 month unlimited mile warranty good at *any* Ferd dealership.

Back