• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fun with a 6.5

I, too, would like to go to one, but I also am on the East coast.

I'd like to see a 6.5 gathering with show & shine, drag races, and a pull somewhere in the North-Central part of USA.

RC, doubt you'll ever see a 6.5 only event in these parts. Heck, you hardly ever see one on the road....

However, there is a big diesel event coming up this weekend in your backyard - NHRDA Drag races at Thompson Raceway. It's about halfway between Erie and Cleveland, should be an easy ride for you. Gates open at Noon.

Bring the 'ol 6.5 out and bracket race it - there was a guy at Indy year before last running his Tahoe in brackets, only time I've seen a 6.5 race. Come find the GM contingent and we'll show some love for the 6.5 - a lot of the Duramax crowd own/owned a 6.5 at one time....I'll even feed you a Brat!

Thanks, minisub, but I'll have to wait for a while. Need to get my license and a job first to pay for fuel. Thankfully my mom's helping me with fuel right now, but I can't get a job because I can't drive alone.

Hopefully some day I'll have me an all out Cummins puller, Duramax DD/drag truck, and the ole' trusty 6.5 antique/classic truck.

I reckon you've been out my way before. Crawford County Fair truck pulls? We go to the Big Rigs and Pro-Stock tractor pull every year.

Although, I must say, there are a good number of 6.5's around here. I've seen more than a few, but most I see multiple times.

RC, I knew you were young, but thought you were driving by now, sorry. Guess your posts belie your years. Nothing wrong with that.

I pulled at the Crawford Fair last year. Made the pull-off and then fell on my face and came in dead last out of the full-pull trucks. Oh well, it was a nice time.

Plan to go again this year, come look me up - I have a red Sierra with a "minisub" badge on the tailgate....

Rumor is that there will be a 6.5 Ratrod at the drags on Saturday; I'll get a pic/video of it for you.

Thanks, that's a vid I'll have to wait to load. What class will you be running in? If you're running Street-Lic or RWYB, I probably won't catch you.

I'm actually driving, just on my permit. Can't get my license until August, but I'm going to wait until October.

Every day is a 6.5 event in this city. Some of us call it "dodge the old farmers with nothing better to do than impede traffic" game. If they are not driving an old 6.2 or 6.5 they have a used up oilfield powerpoke. The farmers that work for a living can afford duramax and cummins powered trucks and never impede traffic. Then there are the hutterites....

Every day is a 6.5 event in this city. Some of us call it "dodge the old farmers with nothing better to do than impede traffic" game. If they are not driving an old 6.2 or 6.5 they have a used up oilfield powerpoke. The farmers that work for a living can afford duramax and cummins powered trucks and never impede traffic. Then there are the hutterites....

LOL ... let me guess... 15 passenger van, 5 bearded guys in the front seats followed by 4 moms and 5 daughters? All ordered from the same designer?

Most of the time. They have alot of long box crew cabs as well. Of course all of them are diesels. Apparently there are no traffic lights or stop signs on the colonies.

Apparently there are no traffic lights or stop signs on the colonies.

One road in, one road out... we don't need no steeking stop signs...

LOL. I like to poke fun, but they are hard-working people and the very first ones to show up when there's a disaster in the community that they can help with. One of our local guys got his shop struck by lightning a few years ago and the fire took out his combine, swather and a few tractors. Right at harvest.

They showed up 2 days later with trucks, combines, food and people and helped him get it all off and in the bin. Then came back to help with the rebuild. Funny part is, he used to be the guy who bitched about them at the coffeeshop; I guess they weren't listening.

I love to go a 6.5 shoot out but I'm also on the east coast! Maybe all the E.C. 6.5 meet up in the Mid Atlantic Region and have a Shootout! The First annual East Coast 6.5 Shootout!! Run What You Brung!!!

RC - Here's Your 6.5 Ratrod

I cruised around the pits this afternoon and found it. :coolgleamA:

It is a 1930 something, something. :smilielol5:

It is running a mechanically injected 6.5, stock block with 200K+ miles on it and with a non-I/C HX 35 turbo. I only got to see it run once as our classes were right after each other. He was consistently running 12.7xs with it. And it was very quiet considering it's all straight pipe from the turbo to the stack.

attachment.php

Yes, those are stock exhaust manifolds, swapped sides and pointed the other way.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ratrods1.JPG
    ratrods1.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 18
  • ratrods2.JPG
    ratrods2.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 19
Back