• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel sending Unit problem

Rodd

Recruit
Reaction score
Some of you may remember my last thread when my fsu went bad. The new fsu was semi accurate until about 3 weeks ago. It is now stuck on E. I got the fsu from tanks-to-pans the same fsu Tim has. Any thought on where I need to look before dropping the tank?

All I can think of would be the ground and the connection, but I,m sure that has already been looked at. Leo

x2.. Recheck the grounds. Same thing happened to my 67 camaro. Pu in a new FSU and it worked good for a while and the stopped woking, it was the ground.

I will check the grounds. The only thing that makes me question the grounds is usually multiple components use the same grounds. I should have something else acting up as well if it is the ground. Just a thought. I think there are only 7 grounds iirc.

There's a ground down by the the fuel fill some where.......if I remember correctly.
Just a thought.

Thanks! I have been thinking about checking that one 1st. It is connected to the fill tube. I wasn't sure if it was a ground or not since there is really no electrical to it.

Back