• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Front Hitch

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
Anyone install one? I've browsed through the 4 pages of threads and didn't see any mention of one.

I've got a '96 K2500 pickup with a factory front bumper. I was going to make a custom front bumper but that was before I realized the stock bumper appears rather beefy. Anyone know if a person can buy a rear hitch (frame mounted) and mount it to the front of the truck? If so, have you got a size I can start looking for?

Thanks for any and all help!!

Installed one on my Jeep. Piece of cake to do. I got mine from www.etrailer.com. At the time it was the best buy.

What are you wanting the front hitch for? My Jeep it was to gain a couple front "tow hooks" and a good anchor point for towing it behind my truck.

Installed one on my Jeep. Piece of cake to do. I got mine from www.etrailer.com. At the time it was the best buy.

What are you wanting the front hitch for? My Jeep it was to gain a couple front "tow hooks" and a good anchor point for towing it behind my truck.

I've found that when backing trailers into tight spots (either in the middle of the woods or a tight yard/driveway) its sometimes easier to steer the trailer from the front and not the rear. Also - if I ever get around to getting a winch - I plan on putting it on a receiver, that way I can put it on the back or front of my truck or jeep. (for my jeep - i intend on building it into the front bumper...but because it appears my truck's bumper will suffice, I'm looking for alternative solutions)

I've got a Hidden Hitch that I put on in 2003. I've used it to push trailers, but it's gotten the most use mounting and pushing my Sportplow snowplow. It's not too easy to get under there and mount up, and it was a PITA to torque all the bolts, but it only took a couple of hours and it's been a solid and dependable unit.

The Hidden Hitch bolted right up to my front frame rails and tow hook mounts and fit perfectly. I purchased from etrailer.com and I believe I paid $149 plus shipping.

It comes out under the plastic valence on my 2001 and looks awfully low, but I've never had any clearance issues or hit any curbs or anything.

Attachments

• DCP04458.JPG
    DCP04458.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DCP04457.jpg
    DCP04457.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 33
wow, that is really low. Of course to make it a simple bolt on they had to do it that way I suppose...no cutting the plastic. My preference on your rig would be a hitch coming out right at the bottom of the metal part of the bumper.

I went to TSC and got a blank hitch tube and welded it to my snowplow frame. Mainly for a winch but have pushed trailers with it. I would think if you are good with a welder ( or know someone who is) you could get one made up. My first idea was make it so the front liscene plate would go into the tube when not in use. Then when you needed the front hitch pull out the front plate and put in reciver and push or winch away. Of course this means cutting the front bumper but it would all be concelled anyway.

Tom, I like your front plate...!

:iagree:You wouldn't have a bit of personal predjudice about that plate would you?:thumbsup:):h

I was a continuous contributor to the FL sheriff's association for the full 20 years I claimed FL residency. Those pics were taken in Ohio in 2005 shortly before I headed west to Idaho and became a resident of the "Gem State."

Alright! Well, I got tired of looking and waiting, so a friend gave me a hitch off of a moving truck, and I chopped off the sides after I got back from my time in the west (custom harvest job) and I fabbed up the front hitch using the tow hooks to mount it, and also found 2 more places to bolt it (so, 6 bolts total). Also, fabbed fog light mounts on it too.

Photo436.jpgPhoto432.jpg

late to the party but:

DSC03969.jpg

By Hidden Hitch.

I use it for maneuvering the travel trailer and hauling boat up and down launch ramps.

Back