• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FRC-10-2 Dead!

DieselCash

Trust but, verify
Staff member
Reaction score
My lift pump has been giving me issues and it finally died.

I pulled it out of my truck and directly connected it to 12V+, nothing.

Took the bottom off to see if the filter was clean, nothing.

Took the top off and looked it over to see if it was damaged in any way, nothing.

I can not see why or how this pump died, I am out of ideas.

I installed the pump 13 August 2011 and it has about 14,500+ miles on it.

I have kept the filters changed(yes, I have two) under 10,000 miles. It has had two sets of filters and I was about to change them again.

I have found out these pumps do not have a rebuild kit, even thou I do not see what I could possibly rebuild.(after taking it apart)

I do not have $145 to replace this pump. I also expected it to last longer than 2 years. :mad2:

I can send you the working FRC-10 I have. The armature is scored up so you will need the parts out of yours to make it work. Compared to other lift pumps I think the Walbo is still the best. And that is after I was the 1st to kill the new model. The FRB-5 is still going for me.

I can send you the working FRC-10 I have. The armature is scored up so you will need the parts out of yours to make it work. Compared to other lift pumps I think the Walbo is still the best. And that is after I was the 1st to kill the new model. The FRB-5 is still going for me.

How much? I liked the FRC-10 I have/had. It worked very well till earlier this month.

I agree Walbro is the best! :thumbsup:

I just wish I could figure out what killed mine so I do not make the same mistake again.

I have one that I only ran for about a thousand miles if it's needed. I bought a second one because I thought it was bad. Turned out to be a bad sending unit on my fuel pressure gauge after installing a new one. I didn't return it to Leroy for exchange when it was not his product that was the issue.

I have one that I only ran for about a thousand miles if it's needed. I bought a second one because I thought it was bad. Turned out to be a bad sending unit on my fuel pressure gauge after installing a new one. I didn't return it to Leroy for exchange when it was not his product that was the issue.

How much? PM me.

Walbro quality is shit. Must be a lot of outsourcing as the quality took a dump, so much so that my local speed shop sells them at a lower price with NO warranty. Most Walbro vendors will also not warranty them anymore due to the high warranty demand. Also becareful, there are many chinese knockoff's that look exactly like Walbro's, down to the distinctive name. I stopped using the intank pumps due a brutal failure rate.

Walbro quality is shit. Must be a lot of outsourcing as the quality took a dump, so much so that my local speed shop sells them at a lower price with NO warranty. Most Walbro vendors will also not warranty them anymore due to the high warranty demand. Also becareful, there are many chinese knockoff's that look exactly like Walbro's, down to the distinctive name. I stopped using the intank pumps due a brutal failure rate.

I agree, it's sad! :mad2:

One year warranty confirmed!!

I have some good news, I called and chewed on Walbro, they told me the FRC10 only had a 30 day warranty (that was a few months ago).
I told them there was a rash of pumps going bad. I talked to the engineer about it also. He said voltage spikes "could" be the problem.
Anyway to the good news, they confirmed to me today that the warranty is for 1 year. So, if your pump is a year or less old and you bought it from me send it back to me and I'll get it replaced (you pay shipping).
Im also going to have them warranty back to June 1st 2012.

I was thinking of offering a relay kit with a MOV installed. The MOV stops voltage spikes.

I'll post this in my forum also.

That is good news for some but, not me. Mine is over 2 years old.

With this news, when my second one dies I will find another brand that has a better wrap sheet than walbro is getting.

Are you using a relay to power the Walbro? I think the failures are linked to not using one?

That is good news for some but, not me. Mine is over 2 years old.

With this news, when my second one dies I will find another brand that has a better wrap sheet than walbro is getting.

3 years going in to 4 on a raptor 100.

it has literally crossed the continent a couple times. Nary a hitch except an external relay hiccup (not part of raptor pump).

Price of admission is a fair bit more than 150 bucks though......:(

Are you using a relay to power the Walbro? I think the failures are linked to not using one?

Nope, not yet. I still have not put the new to me but, used one in yet. The factory one I got also used is working okay. I will worry about it all when I get the camper back together.

I have a ton of other issues with my truck right now that will need to be done first, maybe.

Back