• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

flex plate = grenade

Blueburby1

Reaction score
well was driving along, all of a sudden....BANG...clatter clatter ...REVVVVVVV....no move....figured out the flex plate grenaded, and when it did it took half the bell housing out with it, so i'm in need of a tranny and flex plate...again lol....guess i'll be doing more work on the truck than i had originally planned for this summer, but thems the breaks

just to update, i'm having my last tranny(the one replaced by my now grenaded tranny) rebuilt with corvette internals...so hello shift kit, beefed up clutches, and upgrades oh plenty...for 800 bucks...and i'm doing the labor myself, so hello new tranny...grenaded tranny will be junked and given a well deserved boot, i will be installing an upgrade tranny cooler, and the tranny temp gauge with this new corvette tranny...wish me luck...oh and dexron VI or royal purple synthetic? what should i use?

Back