• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

First trip out tomorrow

srode

Too many toys
Reaction score
Haven't had my boat in the water in over 2 years - going to take if for a spin tomorrow and see if I can't some fishees sitting on some beds. Will report back tomorrow. If you don't hear back from me it sunk. :cheers2:

Made it back - boat fired right up - Coralville resivoir was flooded about 15 to 20 feet higher than normal pool - 61 degrees was the warmest water I could find and the fish were in about 20 feet of water. Needless to say - fishing sucked! But a bad day on the lake is better than a good day in the office any day!

Made it back - boat fired right up - Coralville resivoir was flooded about 15 to 20 feet higher than normal pool - 61 degrees was the warmest water I could find and the fish were in about 20 feet of water. Needless to say - fishing sucked! But a bad day on the lake is better than a good day in the office any !day!

We are in accord my friend! Glad you had fun. We spent a week at the Colorado River near where I 40 crosses the river mid April. It was beautiful...85-90* day and 60-65* at night! We caught lots of Stripers on anchovies of all things! It didn't take much "science" but it was fun. Here's a couple of pics of the river and scenery! I love boating:willynilly:

Attachments

• RiverApril2008 topoc gorge.JPG
    RiverApril2008 topoc gorge.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 11
  • SunsetTopoc.JPG
    SunsetTopoc.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 11
[/B]

We are in accord my friend! Glad you had fun. We spent a week at the Colorado River near where I 40 crosses the river mid April. It was beautiful...85-90* day and 60-65* at night! We caught lots of Stripers on anchovies of all things! It didn't take much "science" but it was fun. Here's a couple of pics of the river and scenery! I love boating:willynilly:

Cal, that river looks real familiar to me lol.The mornings have been real nice lately better hurry back before we hit the century mark-that's porbably next week btw lol.

Made it back - boat fired right up - Coralville resivoir was flooded about 15 to 20 feet higher than normal pool - 61 degrees was the warmest water I could find and the fish were in about 20 feet of water. Needless to say - fishing sucked! But a bad day on the lake is better than a good day in the office any day!

Got any pics of the water sounds like a nice place.

I'll take some next time out and post some Side imaging sonar pictures too - it's a nice Lake but I'm spoiled from fishing Lake Fork TX + MN / Canadian lakes

I'll take some next time out and post some Side imaging sonar pictures too - it's a nice Lake but I'm spoiled from fishing Lake Fork TX + MN / Canadian lakes

I got spoiled on Mille Lac last year. What a walleye factory. The wife was reeling in the 6 lb ers left and right and it's her kind of fishing too, lighted slip bobbers.
Get a King Tuts gps map and plug in the coordinates after hitting the bar to find out where the bite is....:wink5:
The Nothwest Angle, Lake of the Woods is cool to. A little hunk of USA up in Canada....):h Also liked Minaki, Paradise Cove..

Awesome pics! What size stripers were you sticking?

2-3 lbs all day long! Snagged a fat channel cat on 4lb test, took 30 mins to get it in the boat? Ugly sucker!

Cal, that river looks real familiar to me lol.The mornings have been real nice lately better hurry back before we hit the century mark-that's porbably next week btw lol.

Jim,I'm headed to Lake Naciemiento next week for the White Bass run and slaughter:D I would like to hit the river again before the middle of June!

I got spoiled on Mille Lac last year. What a walleye factory. The wife was reeling in the 6 lb ers left and right and it's her kind of fishing too, lighted slip bobbers.
Get a King Tuts gps map and plug in the coordinates after hitting the bar to find out where the bite is....:wink5:
The Nothwest Angle, Lake of the Woods is cool to. A little hunk of USA up in Canada....):h Also liked Minaki, Paradise Cove..

So many Lakes, So little time:willynilly:

LOW is great - spent a few weeks up there near Kenora - sure do like chasing Northerns, Muskies and Walleye - We have a house rented on lake Leech this summer - not as good a fishing but with the kids now we have to keep them a bit more comfortable than the accomodations in Canada normally provide - Liked fishing Winnibegosh (sp?) too - Man, can't wait to get on a good lake again!

man am i jealous of all of you. all out in your boats and i am stuck here studying for calc, any one want to trade.

Back