• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fender

The bed is metal and the dually fender part that sticks out is fiberglass. The fiberglass can be repaired as long as there is no cracks forming. The cracks can be repaired but, for some reason always come back.

I would just replace them, less of a hassle.

thats what i planed to do but im not that smart when it comes to this i checked there website they dont have 3500 fenders so didnt know where else to look im going to look at a pull-a-part in louisville ky

If you do purchase used look for cracks. If it has any at all pass on it and look for another one. Cracks on these old fenders love to grow.

If you do some searching around you will find a fender for a good price.

Im not a body man so I dont know the right terms, but if you use the "mesh" on the cracks then glass it, then skim coat it, you should be good. I have fixed boats like that too the had holes in them.

Mine has cracks, my local body man said that it's a plastic or something. He said he could weld it with a plastic weld. It had been fiber glassed before.

Back