• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FASS lift pump

H&H

Recruit
Reaction score
Hey guys, about time I upgrade my truck :rolleyes: again... :lol:

Does a FASS lift pump void the warranty? Where is the best place to find them for a decent price? How do you like yours? any probs?

thanks guys

I don't see how adding a lift pump would void your warranty. As far as pricing goes it should be the same no matter where you get them. Fass has set pricing. We offer Airdog as well, which are a great setup and you can't beat the pricing. They are all of what the Fass is. Hope this helps.:beer:

It really shouldn't void your warranty. Unless someone at a dealer really wants to be a d1ck about it. My personal/professional opinion says it won't, but then again i'll let most all modifications go unless the customer is really being a pain in my neck and there is a serious problem with the vehicle. My thinkin is that i'm not gonna hold something against some one that i would do or already have done to my truck and have it still covered under warranty.

As far as the lift pumps go: i'm gonna go with the AIR DOG, they seem to have a really good product and i've seen it in action whereas the FASS svstem i hve not seen demo'd. The price is another plus.:pop2:

OK... so can you tell me what a lift pump does? And... is there a minimum horsepower or something that you need to be running in order to benefit from one?

Lift pump goes inbetween the tank and the pump. On our trucks there is no stock lift pump. The CP3 has to strain to draw 3psi of fuel.

Adding a lift pump does help, however at lower power levels with a stock CP3 setup it wont be as noticeable.

Its a must if you mod the CP3 or add twins.

Both the airdog and FASS also seperate the air out of the fuel so you get longer life out of the fuel system and more power.

They also make priming a breeze.

The airdog pumps are very good they just dont get the publicity of the FASS.

As far as FASS goes for a truck under 600hp a 95GPH is all you need. a 150 or even a 200 wont do any harm it will just cost more and be more noisey.

They mount in front of the drivers side rear tire.

i agree it shouldn't have anything to do w/ warranty, i've had a few dealers buy them from us and put them on there. i'd also highly suggest the Airdog over the Fass, we've delt w/ both and already the Airdog has outsold the FASS kits. also they have a lifetime warranty and great support, you will start to see more and more of them in the near future, we will also be doing something with them as well.

kyle

Back