• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

engine power reduced

rxseven05

Reaction score
buddy of mine has a 08 LMM, the dpf has been removed, quadzilla programer, 6in stacks. but something has gone wrong, it dosent through any codes, it just says ENGINE POWER REDUCED. the it wont go over 15mph. anyone got any ideas?

What code reader? I suspect theirs a code in their somewhere.

well figured it out..its tha MAP sensor. and yes it says engine power reduced when tha tranny is slippin...suposed to save tha clutches..

If the quad scan tool is all you used, I would try something else.

Good luck at the dealer! Maybe it's nothing major.

Could be any number of things. anything from the accelerator pedal to the ECM. Most likely there will be a dtc present with the reduced power message that will give more information as to what may be going on. You may only be able to retrieve the dtc with a Tech II.

I have the same message as well, but the truck still hauls and goes fine?

I'll clean the MAFS and see what comes up.

Please update if anyone else has anything. I guess it's time for DPF delete and programmer!

-Chris

I have seen changing the air filter to a new one from being plugged do reduced power. Also a water and junk plugged fuel filter did this to me from a slug of bad fuel.
A plugged DPF will do this if clean DPF is ignored or air filter change above happens.

An aftermarket intake or air filter may also put the MAF out of range and limp you.

Pull both batts and reset the computer to exit this mode. (For awhile)

mine did the same thing with my new intake so i pulled it off and it worked fine after the stock filter was put back on.it did throw a code for mafs. it only would do it if it was really cold or if there was a change in temp of around of 10 to 15 degrees. i noticed the lmm trucks are pritty finicky.

Back