• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Energy Suspension Control Arm Bushings

Big T

Reaction score
So I have the set of Energy Suspension Black Urethane bushings for the Upper and Lower Control Arms. Unfortunately this will not help on the conversion from stamped steel to forged lower control arms as you need the outer steel casings. They assume you burn out the rubber from the old ones.

Similarly, the uppers will not work on my '99 as they reuse the outer casings and the inner metal sleeve, which is the part that is currently worn on my '99. I have already ordered the Mevotech bolts and will have to order two sets of upper bushings for the '99.

While working on my son's '94, I could not help but notice how tight his front steering was. I used the OEM tie rod ends and reamed the knuckles to take them when I did the GMT 800 brake conversion. I will be doing this on my '99 as the adapter sleeves never lock into the GMT 800 tie rods and I believe that caused the were in the upper control arm bushings. So the reams will be going up to Montana with me when I return. Also the vise and the crimpers for the clamps on the CV boots, as I plan to install the Rockford Thermoplastic CV boots on the rest of my CV axles. Did replace one of them, but the rest of the boots are looking dicey.

I destroyed brand new Moog Parts just for the missing steel parts on my Energy Suspension install. Bastard of a job even with some hired help... I hired it out to a shop the next time it came up.

OK did a little searching on my parts shelves and found a complete set of new MOOG upper control arm bushings still in their boxes. So I will be using those. Assembling a kit of things to go to Montana.

Back