• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Energy Suspension 3.1152 and 3.1171

Potluckslammy

Reaction score
Is this, or is this not the correct part number to mount the 6.5L Diesel and the 5-speed NV4500 in a Chevy? I'm seeing conflicting information and need a definitive answer. Thanks!

Yes, 3.1152 is for the motor.

One comment for awareness is that they take a bit to break-in. Specifically, when the motor shuts-off, they will make a clunk noise. This will go away after a few months.

Cannot confirm on the tranny mount part number as the one I bought at the time was for the slushbox. And, do not know what mount the shop used when I put in a stick.

@JayTheCPA Thank you so much for your reply! I was just about ready to order and risk it. My problem comes from conflicting information/part #'s on supplier websites. That, and tales of interference fitting I ran across here on TTS.
The tranny mount, I'm almost positive about that one. Although I am surprised that seemingly everyone is running and towing with the auto tranny. But then, there does seem to be a large percentage of Suburbans.
Anyway, thanks again for the confirmation. Now it will be available for the next poor, confused soul!

@Twisted Steel Performance ... yes, that's what I'm saying. I checked five or six parts suppliers, and got conflicting information. Then went to the source, and still was doubtful...so I came back here to ask, hoping somebody might pipe up who had actually bought and installed one. There's a handful of you guys that I trust, and they are usually the first ones to speak up first. 👍

Anyway, placed my order, so we'll see! 😶

Be cautious as I had been sold the wrong mounts that could not hold the weight of the 6.5td then found that the proper ones were listed for the 454 & 6.5td.

If you do a Internet search for just the part number, Energy Suspension 3.1152, it comes up on several websites as correct for Chevy pickups and Suburbans with the 6.5L Diesel, and 454. But if you go to a parts seller and do a search for 99 Chevy C3500 w 6.5L Diesel, you're just as likely to get something else....or nothing.

Back