• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Email options, smart phone, ISP, other

3500GMC

What T F, over
Reaction score
How do you guys receive your email?

More like, do you use your ISP email? Or some other 'free' service- gmail, yahoo or the like.. Right now I receive email through my ISP.

The question is brought to bear because I'm thinking of dumping my ISP in favor of a new 'smart phone' and network and in the process taking the leap 100 years ahead in cell phone technology.. :hihi:

What are some of the best options for an email address- and, do the cell phone networks provide a personal email?

I'm under a rock as far as smart phones go, so this is a learning process.

I figure there will be a need to get all the email addresses re-directed for my 'accounts' and 'subscriptions' to a new email before the ISP is shut off. Safe to say, right?

I've had a yahoo e-mail address for 12-13 years. My ISP offers one but I didn't want it since it's not really portable.
I have had a g-mail for a couple of years and, of course, I have a business one as well. The Yahoo gets all my personal e-mail and thay have a VERY good virus scan.

I receive my emails through an outside source: Google(gmail). This makes it possible to access anywhere, doesn't affect flow if I change ISPs, and I like the simplicity of the Google homepage that has no news and gossip smattered about.

I also have multiple acounts so, for instance, this sites mail goes to its own account and keeps our home email free of outside "junk" email.

Google also has an app to link you from your phone.

You will have to forward everything to your new account, but most importantly(and the most PIA), let everyone know in your address book of your move.

ISP email on the home computer, gmail on my laptop.

gmail doesn't let any spam through, my wife gets loads of it from sites she links to on the ISP email.

Gmail & Hotmail for the free services is what I use...

New gmail acct is up and running. Updating a few necessary email bots to send stuff there. Probably going to get a second one up and running for a backup.

It appears that AT&T offers a personal email address once you are signed onto the network. Good chance I will be making the switch from Nextel to AT&T in the near future. Voice and Data coverage is good in my area.. We'll see.

Back