• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electric cooling fan?

tracker954x4

Reaction score
Has anyone run or thought of running electric fans instead of the mechanical one? My last trip to the drag strip i had an issue with the fan kicking in going down the track seriously killing my times.:doh:

Last I heard, there was an issue with the electric fans not having enough cooling capacity. I don't know if there are any new kits that are bigger now.

Yeah i kinda figured that since i hadn't heard of anyone running an electric fan. It would take a massive electric fan to be able to move enough air.

flex a lite is not reccomended for towing so I wonder just how cool it does keep the motor while daily driving?

Dunno....but the other one at cool my duramax has been through lots of testing. He makes all kinds of stuff, headers too.
My truck stays rather cool, never above 190. I use Water Wetter and have for years. I do have the electrics on my wish list because my fan is loud when its on....

There is a mod on another diesel forum about a homeade kit. I believe it used dual Taurus or Derale fans and the electronics and brackets from Radio Shack and Home Depot.....I think he had like 250.00 in it.

Electric fans are low on my list as they dont come on when pulling. But I will most likely add flex a lites as much truck is towed more often that it is towing.

Back