• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

egr block off

Just unplugging the EGR on a cold engine will close it, but it could blow open under boost.

I admittedly didn't know that there were thickness choices in the blocker plate. I got mine several years ago, and do not recall there being a selection.

is this block off thing in the front or in the back of the motor, if i get the plate where can i get pics and instructions for it.

Also what exactly does a boost stick do for me and will it hurt a stock turbo or anything else.

Last edited:
is this block off thing in the front or in the back of the motor, if i get the plate where can i get pics and instructions for it.

Also what exactly does a boost stick do for me and will it hurt a stock turbo or anything else.

Passenger side of the engine near the firewall. I've seen DIY articles on other sites, but I don't see one over here. The Diesel Place has a nice article out there... and I've seen a few others elsewhere. Sorry, but I don't have any pics.

A boost stick (see Kennedy Diesel) gives you a bit more boost. From the Kennedy Diesel site:

"The Boost stick is a simple electronic device that plugs inline between your boost sensor and the OE harness. It alters the output signal of the boost sensor using a fixed map developed on our Superflow Chassis dyno. Altering the signal results in the ECM commanding increased boost levels. We have set the boost map up properly (approx 30 psi max) which does not risk engine/turbo damage so long as other boost increasing devices or boost adding tuners are not used simultaneously. The result is increased performance, improved pedal response, and significantly decreased smoke and exhaust temps. Best results will be noticed when used in conjunction with the increased fueling of a chip or tuner."​

Back