• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Effing Yahoo

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Those idiots at yahoo allowed 450,000 passwords out on the web on thurs night. I was one and my e-mail got hacked. Lost my inbox, sent and contacts. I asked for a restore (backup) and got contacts back but then they dragged their feet for almost 24 hrs and now they tell me it's too late and it's no longer in their system! Assholes are lying! I sent a nastygram. We'll see how that works... :mad2:

Welcome to cloud computing.
Unless you have your data backed up in your possession - you don't have control of it.

It is only getting worse with the back to the mainframe computing ideas being sold as cloud computing. Email from anywhere, get hacked from anywhere...

You need an email client on your computer that downloads your email but doesn't delete it. Outlook and some other programs, some free, will do this.

Welcome to cloud computing.
Unless you have your data backed up in your possession - you don't have control of it.

It is only getting worse with the back to the mainframe computing ideas being sold as cloud computing. Email from anywhere, get hacked from anywhere...

You need an email client on your computer that downloads your email but doesn't delete it. Outlook and some other programs, some free, will do this.

2x on that...

I have been using Outlook Express for over a decade, with work Exchange servers (many versions), personal AT&T Worldnet to Verizon accounts today... the mail store can be archived/imported. Multiple mail stores can be merged/combined with a little work. Mail sorting rules are easy to setup and manage, including block sender lists. Multiple mail account capability. Download all messages from mail server and delete/keep on mail server. In terms of "lite" but with pretty hefty features, OE is one of the best out there.

For business, an e-mail client set up so YOU have control is, well, priceless.

Back