• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Edge Evolution Q's

chrisk1500

Reaction score
Does the Edge Evolution leave its mark on the ECM? Does it have the ability to command a regen? Does it tell you when a regen is occuring?

I am just looking for a little better economy out of the truck - I am quite content with the power level where it is and I don't want to risk having the warranty toasted.

If I could find a good cheap programmer that will not leave any trace on the ECM and can command a regen I would be happy!

Thanks!

Does the Edge Evolution leave its mark on the ECM?yes
Does it have the ability to command a regen?if you spend the extra 100 bucks for the hot unlock it does
Does it tell you when a regen is occuring?yes

I am just looking for a little better economy out of the truck - I am quite content with the power level where it is and I don't want to risk having the warranty toasted.

If I could find a good cheap programmer that will not leave any trace on the ECM and can command a regen I would be happy!

Thanks!

I like my evolution....but it seems to send the truck into regen way more that my banks 6 gun ever did......my advice to you is that if you are concerned with the ecm being modified and you will be keeping your dpf go with the banks 6 gun or the edge with attitude....neither of them will leave a trace on the ecm

Ok.

With that being said, do the Edge w/Attitude or the Banks 6 gun have the ability to force a regen? Do these 'chips' require and EGT probe install or did GM do that from the factory?

both require an egt probe.....as does the evolution.....and neither will force a regen....only a tuner can force a regen

both require an egt probe.....as does the evolution.....and neither will force a regen....only a tuner can force a regen
What he said. I liked the Evo better than the Juice; seemed to have more lower end. I also liked knowing how manu grams of soot were in there. The Evo is also updatable via the internet. Never had a reason to force a regen.

I have noticed that with the edge versus the banks......the edge puts my truck into regen far more than the banks does......drove 112 miles yesterday towing 10000 pounds on level 2 and it went into full blown regen 2 times.....there is def a dpf delete in my near future

I have noticed that with the edge versus the banks......the edge puts my truck into regen far more than the banks does......drove 112 miles yesterday towing 10000 pounds on level 2 and it went into full blown regen 2 times.....there is def a dpf delete in my near future

When I had my dpf it would regen constantly on level 2 especially when towing. I use either 1 or 3 with the dpf. Trust me, do the dpf delete NOW. I am kicking myself now for waiting so long(40,000 km until I got the evo race and 3 weeks after that I got the exhaust)

Back