• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dyno'ed today With The Predator & Numbers To Go With It

RYDNHI4X4

Halt Halt Or I'll Release My Dog
Reaction score
Last years run was:

Truck at apx. 12,000 miles
No stock run this time
PREDATOR SET ON THE 85HP TUNE / 389 RWHP - 662 FT/LBS (ENGINE hp 456)

PREDATOR SET ON THE 120HP TUNE / 434 RWHP - 729 FT/LBS ENGINE hp 508)

The only difference this year was I added Amsoil
SAE 15W-40 Synthetic Blend Diesel Oil and Amsoil Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid / Trans-Go Kit and the S&B Intake System:

Truck at apx. 27,400 miles
Stock: 355 RWHP - 607 FT/LBS (ENGINE hp 407)

PREDATOR SET ON THE 85HP TUNE / 423 RWHP - 709 FT/LBS
(ENGINE hp 483)
PREDATOR SET ON THE 120HP TUNE / 458 RWHP - 754 FT/LBS (ENGINE hp 523)

Gains from last years numbers:

PREDATOR SET ON THE 85HP TUNE / 34 RWHP - 47 FT/LBS
PREDATOR SET ON THE 120HP TUNE / 24 RWHP - 25 FT/LBS

Last edited:
Wow, an intake, shift kit, and synthetic oil is all you've changed? Those are pretty friggen good numbers. How about economy from last year and now? I remember your road trip where you posted some good economy there.

Never took a long road trip with the first dyno set-up so I really couldn't tell you the difference, but I average 16.5mpg city and apx. 21.5mpg highway now. My guess would be close to the same.

I just cant believe that much jump...Unless they didnt zero in the dyno right but the torque numbers are right on...I would've never thought that an intake is worth that much power, especially when tuned.

It was humid today, but they did have small fans running in front of my truck. Best way to tell would be to match the numbers up against a different Dyno.

Could be, but I couldn't be any happier with those numbers. My next Dyno run might be ran straight piped.

I wonder if some of this could be because it's breaking in? I have 15k on mine now and haven't seen it loosen up yet.

That some great numbers..I bet it was a combo breaking it in, weather, temp and oil. Boy I wish I had a lbz :(

Wow, with the jump in numbers like you got, that really goes to show what the break in period will do to the engine. Some solid gains you got. Nice job Steve.

I am sure most of the HP and TQ gains were from the S&B Intake and the break in time. Definitely happy with these numbers.

Those are some very good numbers. The stock numbers seem high but if so you got a good one from the factory. I really didn't think the Predator would put out those good of numbers. I guess I need to find a dyno for mine as I've been running the 120 setting for a while now and see how mine compares. I know mine doesn't get the mpg's as yours RYDNHI.

Good job!

Wow great numbers! I wonder where the HP jump is from? The only real possible gainer on there is the intake?

Back