• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Duramax

carlyle

Reaction score
Hello fellow truckers. I am the proud owner of a 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually with a Duramax. I purchased it because I was sold on the Allison Transmission. I had a Ford 03 ford 3/4 ton as was told the trans was shot at 50,000. I was hauling a 43 foot fifth wheel regularly. So here I am 13 years later still driving the PU. I now haul only a 25 ft trailer so probably dont need the diesel any more but just love my truck. Just over 200,000 miles and other than it is not as strong as it used to be runs great. Have had no mechanical issues although did have the wireing harness replaced by factory one month ofter purchase. I do have one concern.. My batteries were dead. (left flasher on over night) I attached battery charger across the provided grnd and positive connection and charger only showed 6 volts. I had to disconnect the aux battery from system to charge and charge primary directly.. Is this Normal?

Back