• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Duramax suppliment owners manual

625fireman

I have injecter-itis
Reaction score
I friend of mine just bought a 2007 classic K2500 crewcab s/b with allison 34500 miles from S. Carolina. WOW what a gorgous truck! This thing is LOADED sunroof, BOSE 6 disc changer, skid plates, trailer/camper pacakge, plow prep, everything you can thing of. We were looking it over yesterday and the owners manual is a bunch of crap everything says to see the Duramax supplement manual, trouble is the P.O. kept it. Can we find it on the web somewhere to print off or does he have to see the dealer? We also can't find a block heater. Seen on another thread that KA4 or KO5 code is for block heater. It has the KO5 code but can't find the heater. Is this the wrong code or are we not looking hard enough. Thanks.

the supplement is really nothing to worry about. not much in it to be concerned over. the block heater should be zip tied to the passenger side starter harness. or atleast in that area if it never got used before. the cord is usually an orange or black cord, and has a regular 120volt plug end on it. look hard for it. maybe even from the wheel well.

Thanks stacks. Found it tied up by the engine dipstick. Got one more though, How about a plug in for a trailer brake controller??

Diesel Supplement in PDF

I can't upload because it is to big, but if you PM your E-mail address, I will send it to you in a PDF file.

you need to plug that in were your left foot would be resting while driving. there is a little black fuse/plug box there, open it and the harness plugs in there. if you need the plug/harness check on ebay, or dealer. maybe some of the brake controller manufacturers have them also. not positive though.

Thanks stacks. Found it tied up by the engine dipstick. Got one more though, How about a plug in for a trailer brake controller??

My truck came with a harness, has a plug on one end and bare but marked wires on the other end; for wiring it in and plugging in behind the e-brake pedal. I can try and find a part number on it for you.

What brand of brake controller are you going to use? Could be a plug & play harness available from the controller manufacturer.
You will also have to put the 40A fuse in the box under the hood after you pull the dummy. The 40A came from the factory wrapped up with their harness.

Our Prodigy came w/ a cord so we have a spare one. If he buys a controller and it doesn't have a harness, PM me, and I'll hook you up, assuming the 05 is the same as an 07.

Back