• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dual Lift pumps... Series vs parallel?

Dylly

Reaction score
I had just put a brand new lift pump in from NAPA before i bought all my stuff from Bill... So i have a HO from Bill and a stock pump so i figured id put them both in my truck after how much praise Matt gives to his dual Walbro set up...

Only thing is i dont have a fuel pressure gauge ... yet... and i plumbed them parallel and dont seem to notice a difference when i flip the switch...

So ... would series be the way to go?

I am considering using a low pressure and high pressure pump in series. Parallel won't increase pressure but should help gph more. In series you best have a gauge,since pressure should double.

just run the one HO ,having a second in line is only going to cause restriction for the bigger pump no matter what side its on. You could run them parallel, but you wont gain anything unless you have 2 seperate lines from the tank to the filter (or increase the line diameter).

Ah... in theory pressure would double but its unlikely in reality i'd assume if dual walbros idle at 9psi... dual (stock + HO) shouldnt out preform that... Either way i'm going to get a gauge in before i do any changes just to be sure.

I am considering using a low pressure and high pressure pump in series. Parallel won't increase pressure but should help gph more. In series you best have a gauge,since pressure should double.

Back